Website Privacy Statement
The Sydney Quantum Academy (SQA) is committed to providing you with the best possible customer service experience. The SQA is an unincorporated joint venture of Macquarie University, UNSW Sydney, the University of Sydney, and University of Technology Sydney. SQA is generously supported by the New South Wales (NSW) Government through its Office of the Chief Scientist and Engineer. The administering university is the University of Sydney. As public agencies we are bound by NSW privacy law, specifically, the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998. The following statement outlines how personal information collected on this website is managed. This website is managed by the SQA.
Automatic collection of personal information
The SQA website automatically collects personal information and other data from you when you are browsing or otherwise using our website through the use of a Cookie or other automated means including server logs.
A Cookie is a packet of data that a website puts on your computer's hard disk to identify you as a visitor to that website. The information collected by SQA through Cookies and other means may include: your server address; your domain name; your IP (Internet Protocol) address; the date and time of your visit; the pages accessed and documents downloaded; the previous site visited; the type of browser you used. You may choose to disallow Cookies through your web browser settings.
Use and disclosure of personal information
Personal information provided by you to SQA will be used by SQA for the primary purpose for which you provided it and for other secondary purposes directly related to that primary purpose.
Examples of how we will use or disclose your personal information include:
• Information that we collect for the purpose of responding to your query, lodged on the Contact Us page
• Information that we collect when you register to receive our newsletter may be used to update your contact details or inform you about relevant news and events. The supply of this information is voluntary.
• Information automatically collected on our website is aggregated (de-identified) by SQA. This aggregated information may be published in internal reports to assist SQA identify patterns of website usage and to improve and maintain the service of our website and any services offered. Aggregated information does not identify individual users and does not include personal information.
• The SQA may use third party remarketing cookies, such as through Google and Facebook, to show advertisements when you visit other websites based on your prior visits to the SQA website. You can opt out by updating the ad settings for that particular third party, such as Google and Facebook. For more information about how to opt out you may also want to visit the Network Advertising Initiative website.
Your information may be provided to:
• our partners and service providers helping us deliver our services - we provide your information to contracted industry partners and service providers who support us and provide services on our behalf. This includes providers that manage our events; support/host our information systems or websites; support data quality or data visualisation and analytics; distribute communications and surveys; or recruit and engage with our students. Some service providers will store or access data outside Australia and in the cloud. When we disclose your information or it is accessed on our behalf by a service provider, we take measures to ensure our service providers treat your information in accordance with applicable privacy legislation
Accessing your personal information
Under NSW privacy laws, you have the right to request access to and correct any personal information concerning you held by the SQA.
If you reside in, or are located in, the European Economic Area, under the GDPR, where your information is collected, used or disclosed as a result of your express consent, you may withdraw that consent at any time. Further, you may have the right to request the erasure, portability or restriction of processing of their personal information, and, to object to the processing of your personal information.
You can stop receiving communications that you have subscribed to at any time by using the unsubscribe link in any of the emails we have sent you, or by contacting us via the details below.
Phone: (+61) 2 8011 3812